Game Vision Statement

Game Vision Statement 

 

 

From my previous work you might have seen that I had the idea of doing possible procedurally generated Maps or levels in my game. after some investigation of decided that that is more or less impossible for my current skill set and I will not be attempting to put it into my game. 

instead I will go towards something that I feel more comfortable doing which is a simple fighting platformer. this is not a platformer when you jump around enemies or on top of them it's when you'll have to physically fight them... hopefully. 

  

Game genre  

 

The shower of this game I want to be a roguelike like. A roguelike is a dungeon crawler game that is a lot of the time procedurally generated and you fight your way through it dungeon infinitely. as I stated before I don't think I can realistically achieve this for my project. the reason I call it a roguelike like is because I'm doing that randomizing aspect to another part of the gameplay. it will play much like a Rd like I have similar mechanics, such as moving on to next levels more like a standard platformer. I expressly believe and aim for this game to be different. I have a good idea on how to make it quirky interesting and possibly fun that's the hope! 

The character and his environment will change between three individual settings. These will be synthwave, The American high school experience as shown in movies, and greaser. I'll explain how I implement these settings in the gameplay aspect of this document. 

 

Gameplay 

Gameplay the part I want to talk about the most. the idea spoke about earlier still could be very simple to add into the game and could give a very interesting and fun mechanic to the game. now the core of the gameplay is much like at beat em up game. 2D fighter. these games often times or simply the player clicking two buttons to hit the right side of the character and the left side of the character they have to do this quickly due to enemies flying at them. examples of this are kung fury and iron snout. 

I'd like to create a similar game except you switch between 3 characters with three different move sets. There will be the jock, the greaser and the punk. 

I'll have character sheets for them at the end of this presentation but let me explain their aspects of gameplay. 

you're going to have enemies from all eras and settings coming at you. and the player needs to defeat these enemies. you will select the characters from a bar at the bottom by clicking right or left on your mouse. you will attack left or right of you by pressing a or D on the keyboard. 

 

The Greaser 

The greaser the tough man of the group he uses his bare knuckle and a chain to punch enemies down eliminating them. he did this by simply pressing A and D while in close range he is the most effective character at finishing off enemies as he kills any enemy up close in one hit unless they're using a shield 

The punk 

The punk looks like the punks from the first RoboCop movie or possibly a judge dredd movie, they are the inspirations for the design. officers dressed similarly to the judge himself will start running at you with Shields held up. this is the unique enemy that only the pug can defeat. the punks attack is to shoot his Canon. It's a gun that shoots acid that burns away Shields and kills enemies overtime. this means you should switch to the punk to remove the Shields from officers then quickly switch back to the greaser to finish off the enemy. 

The chad 

Chad is the stereotypical high school jock, runs his mouth and treats everyone who he sees blow him badly but when faced with actual crisis runs like a coward. the jocks ability is to actually move left or right away from danger. He does this with American football in his hand simply for style points. 

 

Every time you switch between these characters the background setting of the map will change to their setting. one second you're in the middle of a hallway in a school the next round the side of the road with bikes surrounding you and then Lastly you spawn in a hive city colored with pink and orange neon lights. I feel this would be quite easy to implement and will be a very entertaining prospect. 

 

 

Basic char ideas  

Primary and secondary. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Settings examples. 

Sinth wave 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Greaser 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chad 

 

 

 

 

Place’s to learn how to do set Tasks 

S2 fighter tutorials. 

  

Character switching 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Tutorial 08

Week 9 Reading and Writing