Beta Post

 Moving forward in my unit project I realized that I really needed to start working on the other scenes if you see my game design document you will recognize the fact that I want to have three playable characters that you can switch between who have their own scenes that they fight the enemies in. 
an awful lot of my time this week looking through the unity asset store to find things that I could use in my project. I had to keep the theme consistent because I already had the models for my griesser and my punk. animations and all so when working on the school I've had some problems and I'll run into them later. 
first of all I would like to show the assets that I've downloaded off the unity store which took me some amount of effort to find mainly because the unity store has so much to it but when you're looking for something very specific it's very difficult to find what you're looking for specially if you're looking for it for free 
First I found a really cool retro city that would be perfect for my punks scenario being in a synthwave futuristic environment. 

After some time messing around but this scene I found I came to a really good compromise with the layout the scene files I downloaded remain before background skybox properties I felt. this was due to the fact that they were so massive and only had very basic sidewalk and player area interaction. so due to this fact I found some trouble finding a good spot for the fighting game but I found one in the end and I just need to work in some extra textures and use shaders to better suit the climate. 
I felt it was very important that I moved on quickly because I knew I would have to do a lot of work for the next scene being the school. 

 



After some more browsing and playtesting I believe I found a pretty good resource pack for my school product. I wanted my school to be simple clean and slick and I think this packet delivers on that it's not terribly low Polygon under textures aren't completely dull but they bring a lot of color and contrast to my other scenes which is what I wanted. 


 

 

 

So I put my scene together I made sure I used the lockers as was shown in my been planning document and I also added a air conditioning unit a fire alarm switch posters and noticeboards so that the scene wouldn't seem to bear I also left a door open and if you look inside you can see a classroom this
adds depth to the area and makes the world feel like it isn't just a scene in unity editor.
 



After some much needed searching I found that there was no free assets for a school Americanized jock that I wanted so I settled for I cool decked out teenager as it was the closest thing I could get and it's going to be a fine placeholder for my trailer and game development. I also ran into a lot of problems with the download and imported this week with my unity crashing on repeat so having to tiptoe around that was a problem but it didn't stop me moving.


 

 

 

 

 

overall I think of good quite well this week I've produced fair amount and I put the time in I just can't wait to see how I managed to pull a cool trailer and whatever progress I'll make next week. 

this has been really fun. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Tutorial 08

Unity Tutorial 02