First playable Kind of

First playable

This week I spent a lot of time figuring player animation because there's a lot of animations I want each character to be able to perform so I need to make sure I learn how to make sure I can implement these before making a proper playable version of the game. 

Picking up from last week I decided I needed to add textures and shaders to my character as he was a shaded blob last you saw. download some presets for my model and sure enough it was easy enough to apply them 

Shaders & covers 

 

I did this by creating a duplice it of the player model named it player child and put it inside the player model file adding all the elements to it so that the animations could be shown for the other. in the image below you can see in the top right where I've dragged the shader files 

 

Next up was the more difficult part adding animations and I was still having problems with this name but it is a playable version first I had to apply animations to my character so I set animations into a file as you can see from the animation tab here. 

The only problem is these boxes are just boxes they don't have any properties to them just yet and a good thing is I'm with the preset with these models I got, they came with animations so I just need to figure out how to apply them using this method that I googled. I simply linked them the child player model which I was talking about earlier and then give all these boxes the properties of the animations. 

 

 

I simply do this by dragging up to the box in the player object that you can see in the top right of the image above. because Idol is the one I set up to be the passive animation, you can see that the character is already ready to that pose once I press the play button. as it is now his animation for awhile the character is not being manipulated. you can Add all the other animations the exact same way but must go into console to show them off as I haven't binded them to any keybindings or controls yet. Here's a few I managed to get working with no problems except for one which I'll talk about after. 

 

The problem with the player animations is that once I started testing them my character teleported to the zero coordinate of the entire map I could move everything down to him but that would be a pain in the hole so I need to figure out a way for the character to not teleport out of the map every time he's told to do one of these animations it could just be a bug but I need to figure a way out of this and it's going to take me some extra time I believe so it's time to pull my pants up and get to work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Tutorial 08

Week 9 Reading and Writing