Game Elements

 

Game Elements

Readings

 The first reading was about the qualities of games and elements of games. main points I'd like to take out of this reading is First off, Shawn's lovely backtracking. 😊 

Okay, so I may have contradicted myself: I insisted that a critical vocabulary was important, and then I went on to say that completely defining the word “game” is impossible. Let’s reconcile this apparent paradox.” 

 

Going in and talking about the elements of the game is how you define a game genre. it's style and its target audience. I will explain how, browsing through games or even searching for them the creator or its fans but categorize the game into certain categories so it may get recommended or seen by other people who like similar games. For example, you like battlefield it's a first-person shooter versus players, you might get recommended Call of Duty. A similar game. 




Some of these genres are very specific for example Binding of Isaac is a ,roguelike2D shooter, roguelike refers to a type of game where it's you versus the endless dungeon. 

I feel like tags are really good way of locating and stating the atomic elements of games in a simple and easy to digest way. 


Video 

Also the video about prototyping and developing an idea I found helpful and in a way reassuring that started the project is always slow going. 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Tutorial 08

Week 9 Reading and Writing