Week 9 Reading and Writing

 

Reading and Writing


Looking back.

Over this year and this module, I have done a lot of good work. and a bit of shoddy work too, my overall experience with this module overall is the following. it is structured and planned better than any other course of attended this year and me and the elder students appreciate that it made my work easier to do and easier to manage yes, I still somehow managed to mess it up. 

I suffered from very poor time management and I think this is because I'm quite the procrastinator I'd like to do work in bulks which this module doesn't favor but it certainly allows so I am one who cannot complain. 


I love this module and my posts on this blog because they've led me to develop so many new skills that I didn't know I actually could develop. I'm starting to take an interest in game design since I realized unity is actually quite easy to use. I realize I have a knack for writing out walls of text. it also helped me communicate with my classmates much better and it was much needed during covid. I think I've talked to more people because of this module then I did last year when there were no restrictions. (Twitter tasks log comments etc.) 


Tiny little off topic here, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed games design week three. the reason being that the idea of thinking of philosophy and possible psychotherapy methods through gaming of all things. never really occurred to me. of course I understand that certain characters in games are driven by these two. The end of the day it was incredibly refreshing and actually helpful personally. 


Image

Some of my favorite images from the past blocks I've done First off I would have to start with the introduction in week two. I was allowed to talk about my favorite game and one of the reasons why Dark Souls is one of my favorite games is because I love its art style and direction. so being able to use that and talk about it in a blog for college was certainly a treat. 

Next I really enjoyed project week three. this was a brainstorming project and while brainstorming I ran around and I looked at inspiration from other games and funnily enough once again I picked games that I really enjoyed the art style of I discovered haze which I played a little bit now and that game is really cool. 

Tiny little off topic here, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed games design week three. the reason being that the idea of thinking of philosophy and possible psychotherapy methods through gaming of all things. never really occurred to me. of course I understand that certain characters in games are driven by these two. The end of the day it was incredibly refreshing and actually helpful personally. 




Looking forward

I'm looking forward I realized there's a lot of work to be done not so much in the module but in myself. I need to learn to develop a work pattern or ethic or something I lose interest quickly so I let work build up so that I can hammer it out effectively and quickly on mass. this isn't a healthy way to do your work nor is it efficient it may use the least amount of time and breeds decent results in the end I've come to accept that it will catch up to you in the end. 

On a positive note the future holds a lot of interesting aspects for me I'm looking forward to using unity I'm looking forward to my next module that will replace this one fingers crossed we still have Shaun. the future is bright and I've really enjoyed what I've done and what I'm going to continue to do.! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Tutorial 08